SHARE THIS YOUR FRIENDS
When it comes to making money in the music industry, we put out mind to Hip-pop, rap and the like but in the real sense, Gospel music is really making a wave in our world today.
Unlike in the olden days where gospel musicians were not making money, we see that today, they are among the lists of richest musicians in the entertainment industries.
Hundreds of gospel musicians today are making millions of Naira in Nigeria from their songs which have become very popular among the entertainment world.
Here in this post, we will be looking at the list of the 10 richest gospel artists and their net worth.
1 SAMMIE OKPOSO
- Sammie Okposo
An award winning Nigerian gospel artist, Sammie Okposo is also a music producer. He is the CEO Zamar Entertainment.
Born in Delta state on the 30th of May 1971, his music career kick-started in 1995 and since then has grown rapidly. Sammie shot into the limelight of the music industry in 2000 when he released his debut album titled, ‘Unconditional Love.’
Sammie won the Best of Africa Award at the SABC Crown Music Award in 2018 and it is worthy to note that he is also said to be the leader of a 12 piece band called “D X Generation” an inspiring group in Africa. He makes money from live gospel shows, sales of albums and music production.
Sammie is among the list of the top 10 gospel musicians in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $750,000.
2 FRANK EDWARD
- Frank Ugochukwu Edwards
Frank Ugochukwu Edwards
Popularly known as Frank Richboy, Frank Edwards born in Enugu state, on the 22 nd of July 1989 began singing when he was ten years old. He is a musician, music producer, plays many musical instruments and he is a member of the Presidential band of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. He is well known for his high pitched voice.
It is worthy to note that this gospel artist is the founder and owner of the record label called Rocktown Records which is one of the most successful labels in the music industry. Some of the recording artists on this record label include the likes of Gil, Divine, King BAS, Nkay, David, Dudu and Micah Heavens. Currently, he has six albums and many hit singles to his name. His debut album The Definition was released in 2008, a 14 track album. He makes money from gospel music and is said to be worth $600,000
- NATHANIEL BASSEY 3
- Born in 1978 to a Lagos-based family from Ikot Ofon Ikono in Uyo local government area of Akwa-Ibom state, Nathaniel Bassey happens to be among the list of the top 10 richest gospel artiste in Nigeria. He is popularly known for handling the trumpet very well. Nathaniel’s debut album titled, ‘Elohim’ was recorded and mixed in South Africa in the year 2008. The album was described as a spiritual and artistic masterpiece. This top gospel artiste is happily married to Serah Bassey and he is presently worth $500,000.
- SINACH 4
- Born on the 30 th of March 1973 in Lagos, Osinachi Kalu popularly known as Sinach, is a Nigerian Gospel music singer and songwriter who comes from Ebonyi state, Nigeria. She is a senior worship leader at Believers’ Loveworld International.
She began her singing career in 1989 while in Christ Embassy church as a chorister. Some of her hit songs include like Way Maker, I Know Who I Am and Great Are you Lord, Rejoice, He Did It Again, Precious Jesus, The Name of Jesus, This Is my Season, Awesome God, For This, I Stand Amazed, Simply Devoted, Jesus is Alive etc. it is worthy to note that in 2006, Sinach received the LIMA Songwriter of the Decade Award. Sinach is happily married to Joe Egbu and her net worth is estimated to be $420,000.
- NIKKI LAOYE 5
- Born in Lagos on the 19 th of December 1980, Oyenike Laoye-Oturu, popularly known as Nikki Laoye is a notable Nigerian gospel artist, singer, songwriter, dancer and occasional actress. She is renowned for her eclectic musical expressions and captivating stage performances and in 2013; she won the Best Female Vocal Performance at The Headies Award the Best Female Artiste in African Inspirational Music at the All African Music Awards (AFRIMA) in the year 2014.
Her musical style is an urban contemporary sound with the fusion of alternative rock, R&B, hip hop, pop, soul, funk, jazz and Gospel. Nikki Laoye earns her money from live performance in gospel shows, and album sales and she is worth $450,000 and is happily married to Alexander Oturu.
YINKA AYEFELE 6
Elites on this Jumia image to shop for your favorites ..Shop Now by clicking on this image below:
- Born on 1 st of February, 1968
- Yinka Ayefele is a popular Nigerian music producer and gospel singer. He is the only gospel artist to have received a National Award, Member of the Order of the Niger (MON) to be precise.
- The musician began his music career in 1997. He released his first album Bitter Experience in 1998 which made him popular in the gospel music world. Some of his hit songs are Something Else (2000), Divine Intervention (2001), New Dawn (2006), Next Level (2007), Gratitude (2008), Upliftment (2015) and Living Testimony (2017).
The musician also owns a radio station, Fresh FM which is the location of his studio, Ayefele’s Music House which was demolished in August 2018 by the Oyo State Government. The musician revealed that the property was worth over N800 million. The radio station now has a branch in Abeokuta, Ogun State.
The musician is among the top 10 richest gospel musicians in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $270,000.
- EBEN 7
- Eben is another popular and among the list of the top 10 richest gospel musicians in Nigeria. He became popular when he released his hit track called, ‘Imarawa’.
Emmanuel Benjamin started singing back in 1997 as a Youth Choir of Winners Chapel. He came into Christ Embassy in the year 2006. Eben is the founder of a business venture called the Hammer House Ventures and also the founder of the record label called Hammer House of Rock.
When Eben released his debut album “Phenomenon,” it featured the likes of Jahdiel, Dusky, MI and Lyn and which won an award at the Nigeria Gospel Music Award. In 2013, he won the Best West Africa award at the Africa Gospel Music Awards and in 2014; he won the Album of the Year at the Crystal Awards.
Eben is married to Jahdiel, a Nigerian gospel musician and is among the top 10 richest gospel musicians with an estimated net worth of $350,000.
- TOPE ALABI 8
- Tope Alabi is undoubtedly one among the most popular gospel musicians from the Yoruba descent. She is quite popular in the South Western part of Nigeria and sometimes called ‘Ore ti o common’ and ‘Agbo Jesu’.
Before delving into music, Tope Alabi was a member of the Jesters International Comedy group. She was also involved in movie production in Nollywood specifically in the Yoruba genre. It is worthy to note that about 350 soundtracks which she had composed for various Yoruba movies are in her credit. Tope Alabi earns her money from Yoruba movie soundtrack production, gospel concerts and shows, album sales and endorsement deals. She is among the list of the top 10 gospel musicians with an estimated net worth of $300,000.
- LARA GEORGE 9
- This is one of the most talented and richest gospel artistes in Nigeria. Her voice is so alluring and she is popular for that. Lara George used to be a member of the successful 3 girls group known as “Kush” which included TY Bello, Dapo and Emem Ema before deciding to go solo.
Her debut album ‘Forever in my heart’ which had the hit track ‘Ijoba Orun’ brought her out into the limelight of the gospel world and this got her different awards. Some of the Awards added to her credit are Best Female Vocalist at the Crystal Award; Trailblazer of the Year at the 2013 Africa Gospel Music Awards; Best African Female Gospel Artiste at the 2012 Gospel Music Awards; Best Gospel Artist at the 2010 and 2011 Nigeria Entertainment Awards etc.
Lara George is married to Gbenga George, a legal practitioner and music entrepreneur and she is worth $300,000.
- GOZIE OKEKE AND NJIDEKA OKEKE 10
- Gozie Okeke and Njideka Okeke
Gozie Okeke and Njideka Okeke
These couples are very popular in Nigeria. They have won many awards ever since they came into gospel music and it is worthy to note that they are among the top 10 richest gospel artistes in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $320,000. They became popular in the music world when their first hit album called ‘Akan-cha-wa’ was released. Njideka herself is a lead vocalist. Though the couples had some clash when rumours went round in 2009 that Gozie Okeke was gay, in 2014, they eventually reconciled.
Receive Alerts on: WhatsApp – +2348055459181,Twitter – Loudspeaker4naja, Loudspeaker4naija – Facebook Page -Loudspeaker4naija-Pinterest Loudspeeker9ja- Instagram Page Loudspeaker4naija – Tumblir, www.Youtube.com/Loudspeaker4naija TV
📻We Promote Music✔️
🌏We Design Websites And Also Design Graphics ✍️At Low Cost💰
Which Of Our Service Do You Want 😉?
DON’T MISS OUT!! ON BREAKING NEWS AND TRENDING TOPICS
Get important updates via e-mail for free, you can unsubscribe anytime
Remember:Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Advertise with us. Send us enquiries , press release.
Subscribe Now/Share this to your friends/comments/Liked