Segun Ogunleye, the eldest son of the late Mrs Olanike Ogunleye , said on Saturday the death of his mother and two siblings – Funmilayo and Wonderful – was beyond eating yam flour (amala).
Segun , 33, said he had part of the same yam flour at his Ikole Ekiti residence, which he eats .
“It is only God that knows the cause of the incident . It is beyond my imagination . It is believed that it is a spiritual attack .
Segun said amala came into the picture when people asked of the last meal the deceased ate .
The family ate amala on Saturday evening at their residence in Odo Ayedun , Ikole Council area of Ekiti State, and Olanike , 59, and her two children died later .
Her husband, 74- year – old Jacob Ogunleye , was admitted to the Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti , where he is being treated .
Two dogs owned by the family also died , but our correspondent could not confirm if they were fed with the amala.
The Speaker, Ekiti State House of Assembly, Funminiyi Afuye , on Thursday directed the House Committee on Health to begin investigation into the incident .
Segun said he received a call from his dad on Saturday night about one of his siblings.
He said , “They invited our pastor for prayer. During the first session of the prayer, two of our dogs died .
I came down from Ikole Ekiti on Sunday morning and asked from my younger sister what was happening .
She told me that she didn’ t feel anything . When I asked the pastor, he said it was an attack .
We are now being told that it is food poisoning , I don’ t really believe it is poison .
“I rushed them to the Specialists ’ Hospital in Ikole .
The attitude of the personnel there was another issue.
I observed that my younger sister would not have died if there had been a proper attention.
They later referred us to the Federal Teaching Hospital, Ido Ekiti on Sunday night .
“ Getting an ambulance to convey them was another problem .
We were on this for about two or three hours before we could get an ambulance .
Elites on this Jumia image to shop for your favorites ..Shop Now by clicking on this image below:
It was on our way to FETHI that my mother and one of the sisters died .
I have part of that yam flour that I’ m taking in my house . ”
He said his father was getting better , adding that the tests carried out on him at FETHI did not indicate food poisoning .
“ I’ m only putting myself together because I don’ t just know what to say .
I’ m speechless ! I miss everything about my mother .
She never took us for granted . She loved us , ” Segun added .
Segun ’ s maternal uncle, Mr Wole Fanimo, described the incident as shocking to the entire family .
He said the family had yet to ascertain the cause of their death , adding that they were awaiting the results of the tests carried out on the food .
“ We are feeling it is but we are waiting for the results of the test from the people who came to pack the food and some other things, ” he said .
Receive Alerts on: WhatsApp – +2348055459181,Twitter – Loudspeaker4naja, Loudspeaker4naija – Facebook Page -Loudspeaker4naija-Pinterest Loudspeeker9ja- Instagram Page Loudspeaker4naija – Tumblir, www.Youtube.com/Loudspeaker4naija TV
📻We Promote Music✔️
🌏We Design Websites And Also Design Graphics ✍️At Low Cost💰
Which Of Our Service Do You Want 😉?
Share your story with us:sms-+2348107564051, WhatsApp – +2348055459181 – Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
DON’T MISS OUT!! ON BREAKING NEWS AND TRENDING TOPICS
Get important updates via e-mail for free, you can unsubscribe anytime
Remember:Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Advertise with us. Send us enquiries , press release.