This was after pictures shared on Instagram by E-Money show him dressed in convocation gown at the University’s convocation.
To God be the glory! I have just received a Honorary Doctorate Degree in Business Management and Corporate Governance at an event held inside the University of Lagos.
I’m joined here by the incoming Deputy Governor of Lagos, Dr Obafemi Hamzat whose father, Olatunji Hamzat (an influential politician) also bagged a Doctorate Degree.
Below is a statement issued by UNILAG showing the list of people conferred with a doctorate degree with E-money’s name missing.
The University of Lagos, #UnilagNigeria , on Thursday, April 4, 2019, at its 50th (2018) Convocation Ceremonies (Day 3), conferred Distinguished & Emeritus Professorship and Honorary Doctorate Degrees on the following eminent personalities:
1. Prof. James Dele Olowokudejo, a Professor of Plant Taxonomy, – Distinguished Professorship award.
2. Prof. Sulaiman A. Adekola of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering – Emeritus Professorship award
3. Alhaji Lateef Olufemi Okunnu, a foremost Lawyer & a former Federal Commissioner for Works & Housing- Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
4. Dr. Daniel K. Olukoya, founder of Mountain of Fire Miracles Ministries and a Molecular Geneticist – Honorary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University.
5. Mr. Jim Ovia, founder and Chairman of ZenithBank – Honourary Doctorate Degree (Honoris Causa) of the University of Lagos.
Please note that the University’s official colours are maroon and gold and the personalities who were conferred with these honorary awards by the Chancellor of the University (see pictures) are in the appropriate attire.
It is worthy to note that the afore-mentioned personalities are the only people who were conferred with these awards by the University of Lagos at the 50th Convocation Ceremonies, thus, any story stating otherwise is false and should be amended accordingly.
Mrs. C. Taiwo Oloyede
Principal Assistant Registrar,
for Management, University of Lagos